Paws 4 life
Paws 4 Life Charitable Trust is a Registered Charity that began in 2010 due the increasing numbers of people and animals needing help within the Waikato. Paws 4 Life aims to reduce the population of unwanted animals by rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming animals as well as educating the community and also by providing solutions and alternatives for animals in need. We are a support network for those people in our community who are unable to, for various reasons, care for their animals.
All animals taken in by Paws 4 Life receive the necessary veterinary care and their medical and behavioural needs are met.
Paws 4 Life’s philosophy believes that every unwanted, neglected or abused animal deserves to have their needs met by The Five Freedoms:
1. Freedom from Hunger & Thirst – by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
2. Freedom from Discomfort – by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
3. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease – by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
4. Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour – by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
5. Freedom from Fear and Distress – by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
“You cannot change the world by saving one animal...but you can change the world for that one animal.”
We rely on donations to be able to continue the work that we do, and every little bit counts! So if you would like to help our animals in need, please help us and click the "Donate" button below.
Bank account details are:
Paws 4 Life Charitable Trust
Blue Pacific Minerals
We would like to thank our sponsor Blue Pacific Minerals, they provide us with our Kritter Litter, without this help we would struggle to save the lives of as many cats and kittens as we do.
Help us by supporting Blue Pacific Minerals.
You can purchase Kritter Litter though Paws 4 life visit our help us page.
- Competition: Thank you to everyone who who supported us by entering out our photoshoot contest. The winner has now been drawn.
- 2015 Raffles: See How to Help page for latest raffles.
- Need: Good quality Kitten Biscuits and Chef Kitten canned food & kitten toys.
- Thank you: We would like to recognize the daily dedication, passion and commitment of the following people who freely give their time to help Paws 4 Life: